Sunday, July 12, 2015

This week has been great! I feel like I don't have that much to write about as far as what I've been doing cause everyday is pretty much identical to the next but I have some really cool experiences!  For our devotional, we had Jenny oaks Baker (Elder Dallin H. Oaks' daughter) come and speak and perform with her kids! It was so awesome! It was amazing to see her whole family playing together.  I didn't get word that many of you were fasting for McKay as the letter came the day after Fast Sunday because the mail room was closed all weekend, but something really cool happened! When I read your letter about fasting for McKay on Sunday, my heart sunk because I thought that I had missed it... but then I realized that on Sunday, when I was starting my fast, I was asking for strength to be a better missionary and right before I closed my prayer, I felt like I needed to fast for McKay and for his health. So I added that in to my prayer to start my fast! I'm so grateful and happy to know that I was fasting for McKay with the family and I didn't even know it! I count that and a blessing and a tender mercy from the lord. :)

So the 4th here was pretty much a normal day until the end. we had a special devotional which was awesome and really reminded me of heritage and of how much i love this country! After the devotional, we got to go out to the parking lot and watch the fireworks from the stadium! It was really cool.

My Japanese is getting better and my companion and I are teaching all the time. it's getting way less scary every time we do it, so that's good haha! I really like it here and i love my District, roommates and my companion. Heavenly Father is definitely looking out for me. :)

Again, I love you! be safe and I'll talk to you soon. 

Love, Elder Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment