Thursday, July 16, 2015

Kon'nichiwa Minasan! (hello everyone) This week has been great! Today is my fifth week mark! I can't believe it's been that long already! It's going by so fast! I kinda feel bad because I don't have that many crazy/cool stories yet. Everyday here is about the same haha! this week on Friday, all of the missionaries were able to watch Pres. Packer's funeral! It was really awesome. On Sundays our Branch President chooses two or three missionaries at random to give talks in Japanese.. so we all have to prepare one each week just in case we're called on. I was called on last Sunday haha so I got to give my first talk in Japanese! It was scary but it was so fun! 
My companion and I were having some difficulty getting through to one of our investigators and he didn't seem interested at all.. so we stopped the lesson and just told him how it is! We told him that we love him and that God loves him. We told him that we and Heavenly Father want him to be happy and to be able to receive all the blessings that are in store for him but that he has to help himself by keeping his commitments to read the Book Of Mormon and to pray everyday. after he could see that we genuinely cared for him and his happiness, he opened up and said that he would keep his commitments! The Spirit was so strong; it was awesome! In fact, the spirit was so strong that we felt prompted to ask him if he would prepare to be baptized and he said that he would. This Gospel is true and we all knew it before we came to this earth. That's why when people hear about it, it rings true to them! Sometimes we just have work a little extra hard to remind people of who they are and why there here.

I've only been out for five weeks but I can say that my testimony has grown and my view on life has changed. There are so many things that I'm starting to realize are not as important as I once thought they were. And there are other things that I feel are most important. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be here and lean how to be a better person and hopefully help others become better along the way! This is Christ's Church and His gospel. It is true; there is no way it can't be. 

I love and miss you all so much! Be safe and God bless.

Love, 

Elder Osborne


Also, for you Heritage Kids out there look who I ran into

No comments:

Post a Comment